Sleep is one of the most important factors when it comes to improving your productivity and concentration. The sleep hormone melatonin has a powerful effect. If there is a deficiency, it can lead to signs of anxiety, poor stress responses, insomnia, and waking up too early in the morning. Melatonin is a hormone that is produced on its own, but for various reasons (described below), its level may decrease. At the same time, you can control it, and contribute to an increase in its production in the body.
Diagnostics and treatment of melatonin lack in MC Altimed
Melatonin is very important for sleep. To check its level in the body, it is necessary to undergo an examination, but for this it is not necessary to donate blood and go through other stages that cause discomfort and pain. Our medical center offers new types of diagnostics, which are carried out non-invasively, but the accuracy is 100%. Functional screening shows the general condition of the body. Fixes wave processes in the body. ATM Vega Test is an opportunity to find out the cause of the disease, determine the severity and which organs are damaged. But the main thing is that based on the results obtained, the specialist will be able to prescribe the most effective treatment for you. Already after the first procedure, you will feel an improvement.
What is melatonin?
Melatonin is one of the main hormones of the pineal gland. In simple terms, it is called “sleep hormone”. The pineal gland produces melatonin in a clear diurnal (circadian) rhythm, with peak levels at night. Once formed, it is released into the bloodstream and cerebrospinal fluid (fluid around the brain and spinal cord) and transmits signals to distant organs. Melatonin circulates from the brain to all parts of the body. Tissues that express proteins called melatonin-specific receptors are able to detect a peak in circulating melatonin at night, and this signals the body that it is night. Night-time melatonin levels are at least 10 times higher than daytime levels. In addition to its circadian rhythm, melatonin levels also have a seasonal (or annual) rhythm, with higher levels in fall and winter when nights are longer, and lower levels in spring and summer. During puberty, less melatonin is produced. The hormone melatonin has been shown to slow down the aging process in tissues such as the brain. Since it is a powerful antioxidant, it helps protect all tissues in the body. Other studies have shown benefits of melatonin in weight loss, heart function, breast / prostate cancer prevention, mitochondrial function, improved stroke outcome, symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s disease, fertility, type 2 diabetes, and immune function.
The causes of melatonin deficiency can vary.
- Blue light in the evening: Artificial light with a high blue light component (wavelength 460-480 nm) reduces the release of melatonin. Therefore, light from smartphones, computers, and televisions can contribute to melatonin deficiency.
- Time change / time zone change: Flying across different time zones or even an annual summer / winter time change can disrupt your biorhythm. Melatonin production only slowly re-syncs and adapts to new times.
- Shift work: Frequent switching between different working hours (sometimes early, sometimes late) can disrupt the biorhythm.
- Caffeine: If you consume caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, or energy drinks too late at night, the caffeine in them can interfere with melatonin production. The half-life of caffeine is about four hours (the time it takes your body to expel 50 percent of the caffeine). Therefore, it is recommended to consume such drinks only in the morning. 5. Alcohol: Alcohol adversely affects your biorhythm. Alcohol also makes you more susceptible to external stimuli and generally impairs sleep. 6. Age: From the age of 40, your body produces only 60% of melatonin compared to a young body.
When do i need to contact MC Altimed?
If you have a melatonin deficiency, your symptoms are similar to those of some other conditions. Some of the symptoms of melatonin deficiency include:
- Sleep problems – if you suffer from insomnia, wake up easily in the middle of the night, or have trouble falling asleep, if you don’t have frequent dreams during the time, you have shallow or anxious sleep and anxious thinking at night – these are the main signs of low melatonin, although cortisol levels are also may be to blame. In fact, cortisol and melatonin levels are inversely related to each other in the body.
- Mood changes. If you lack inner peace, are always anxious, suffer from seasonal affective disorder or depression, or are always on the verge of emotion and are always irritable, you may have low melatonin levels. Melatonin is converted to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that is elevated with certain antidepressants.
- Menopause symptoms – hot flashes, heart palpitations, morning depression, and irregular cycles are thought to be improved with melatonin supplements.
- Symptoms of low thyroid hormone levels. Melatonin helps convert thyroxine (T4) to active triiodothyronine (T3), which gives you energy and heat. In fact, melatonin and thyroid-stimulating hormone originate from the pineal gland. Thus, symptoms of hypothyroidism may indicate low melatonin levels.
- Intestinal symptoms such as pain, hyperactivity, and intestinal cramps can also indicate low melatonin levels.
How does the treatment of a lack of melatonin process in MC Altimed?
If you have a lack of melatonin, it is recommended to consult a specialist and undergo a course of therapy. It is very important for normalizing sleep, improving performance and improving well-being. We use innovative equipment of our own production, which has proven to be effective in the fight against insomnia, by increasing the level of melatonin. Home Electromagnetic (PEMF) Therapy Machine ATM Helper ML is your opportunity to regain your peace of mind and sleep. It gently affects the body with frequency-wave therapy. It is easy to use it, just turn on the desired mode and wait 20-30 minutes (depending on the course assigned to you). Transcranial magnetic stimulation helps to go to bed on time, fall asleep quickly and not wake up in the middle of the night. In case of illness, violation of hormone production, the necessary synchronization of the work of all organs disappears in the body, and frequency-wave therapy allows it to be adjusted. The Altimed Medical Center uses the ATM TP apparatus of its own production, for TMS – transcranial magnetic stimulation. They will definitely tell you how to use it, and after the first session you will feel its positive effects.
Why is it worth choosing MC Altimed for treatment of melatonin deficiency?
MC Altimed is
- An individual approach to each patient.
- State-of-the-art equipment with proven efficiency.
- Affordable prices for services and devices.
- Qualified staff.
- Convenient location.
- Non-invasive (painless) methods of diagnosis and treatment.
Sign up for a consultation at 0-800-600-0-80 (free of charge).